Intro

ET OSX is a list of useful tools for the MacOS X, most of which live in the Applications folder on my startup drive. It started as a 'what's on my Mac' page on my personal site but quickly evolved into a blog of its own. I'm trying to focus most on of the tiny but useful utilities that sometimes save you lots of trouble and effort, and to omit for the most part the list of big guns, that one normally uses on a daily basis. The list serves two purposes, lets me easily answer 'how do I do this on the Mac' questions asked by other users, and helps me remember answers to the same questions myself.

HandBrake


HandBrake (handbrake.m0k.org) - your one stop solution to create an iPod movie from any DVD-like source (dvd disc, image file, VIDEO_TS folder...). You can control the size, quality and bitrate of the resulting MPEG4 movie as well as decide which language track and subtitle (cyrillics work ok) language to include and which not. Handbrake is licensed under the GPL and apart from MacOS X the home page quotes compatibility with Linux and Windows.

No comments: